Sister Bell, Sister Folwell, Sister Rupp

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Week Dos!

Hello Hello Everyone!!
Things are going pretty good here. It's starting to get hot and that makes me a bit nervous, but it's pretty here so that's cool I suppose!! We have been pretty busy and that's been good. We are consistently teaching like 7 people and then we have some people we visit and stop in on and then some less actives or part member families so we keep busy with them all. I like tracting and wouldn't mind doing it more, but it's good we are busy teaching. Not that I like any investigator more than anather, but we are teaching a 9 year old named Caleb and he is the cutest. His Dad and step mom are members so we teach him every other week when he is there. His mom won't let him get baptized till he is older, but he really wants to. He's just the cutest kid. We talked about keeping the sabbath day holy last week and he was so cute coming up with things he can do while he is with his mom since she doesn't go to church. He also likes to bring sticky notes to his moms for reminders since he doesnt have his dad to remind him to say his prayers and read scriptures and stuff. We also have a potential investigator who I am stoked about. His name is Bill Craig and his wife and kids are members. The ward and previous missionaries have tried for years to teach him, but he is set in his ways. He's not anti or anything he just doesn't believe it 100% so he won't join unless he does and is 100% committed. He's a good guy...doesn't drink or anything like that and he goes to church and stuff too. So I've gotten to know him and we really connect because of BBALL...who knew!! He has been keeping me updated and we just talk bball. We talked with him on Saturday and he made the comment that he thinks my companion and I are in Citrus Heights for a reason. I got the feeling he was meaning that he was the reason and we have been talking with the Bishop and really wanting to step up the fellowshipping with him and see if we can start teaching him. I am just so excited and really wanting to start teaching Bill. He is so great and so are his kids. I haven't actually met the wife but I'm certain she is great to. Nothing to funny has happened. One of our investigators said I was pushy but I suspect she meant bold. I'm pretty bold with her because she says she knows everything is true, but that she doesn't wanna be jumping into any water. So I strait up asked her what was holding her back. She wants to make sure she is committed and that even after her divorce she'll be a strong member so it all worked out. Then I asked her to say the prayer, she said she didn't really want to and I said are you sure with a grin of course and then she said I was pushy so who knows. I was kinda shocked though. Me of all people the pushy one. Crazy stuff. I will address this with her...we are pretty tight so it's totally cool. My companion Heidi, knocked a bunch of mints out of my hand in the car. She is such klutz. She also can't drive and nearly backs into me everyday. Please pray for me...seriously!! =) 28 animal up in here!! For real!! My first Sunday was ok...it was just weird being in a family ward that wasn't mine. I miss the ward, but it is similar. It's about the same size and the people are really nice!! The relief society prez left an easter surprise on our doorstep sunday morning and that was way cool. Oh side note...everyone here has like 5 animals inside the house. I feel like I'm always covererd in animal hair its disgusting. I need a DC Soooo that's pretty much life in Citrus Heights. Oh we did service for one of our investigators Lisa Ross. It was sooooo good to pull some weeds and do yard work. We caught a snake which she was greatful for haha. She didn't wanna know about it she was so scarred. She's a single mom and her son has autism and she had fam coming in for easter so we helped her get the back yard ready for an egg hunt. Random fact about her...she loves Idaho. Like loves it. I told her to move there and she'd have some friends. She's been wanting to go to mccall cuz she hears it's real nice. I invited her to our cabin we will hopefully have when I'm home so in roughly 17 months you can expect company!! =)
K Love and miss you all. Hope all is swell!! handshakes and high fives Sister Ruppture...it's a nickname I have developed

2 comments:

  1. Come one... You could have picked a cooler song!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love you Cammille, I hope you are having a blast. I meant to write you a letter, but I forgot to mail it so sorry about that. If you didn't know, which I'm sure you don't, I got the kewlest bunnies in the world like two weeks ago. They're so awesome and I'm teaching them some pretty kewl triks which you will have to see when you come home. Anyways, I'm sure your doing great and that your having the time of your life. P.P.S. I met this girl that I really like and... jeez idk. I think she just might be the one for me ya know? Don't worry though, I will make her fall in love with me by the end of the week, just wait n' see. Anywho... Kendall, stay strong. Nina, good luck. Ali, consider going. And I think that's all.

    CHECK OUT MY BLOG, AND FOLLOW IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete