Sister Bell, Sister Folwell, Sister Rupp

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Behind the Wheel Again!!

Kendall has been doing great! Last week, she said her week was pretty slow, but the two weeks before that were good. The missionary work has been going well and she loves all her investigators and the members in Citrus Heights.
Here is a part of her letters from Monday: This week was exchanges and I got to run the area so I felt pretty cool getting to drive. I was nervous because the companion I was with, Sister Love, has been out for 11 weeks so we were out with a good 16 weeks of experience under our belts. It was fun being in charge though. And boy did I love being behind the wheel. I really like driving and have missed it!! In all honesty I think it was the highlight haha. Oh and mormon heloing hands was fun. We got to rake up berry bushes for a couple hours and the place looked real nice afterwards. The city of Citrus Heights was apparently impressed that we were able to clear the place up. If the picture people give us pics I'll have to send some. I'm still working on pics, but really I've taken maybe 10 since I've been here so I'll work a little harder on that one haha. Also we have a BYU bball plyer here in our ward. His name is Dr. Dresser. Not sure of his first name but he's an older guy so I challenged him to a game of one on one on sunday. We had a missionary work 5th sunday thing and since I have no talents that could be used in our lesson that's all we had. Haha seriuosly the Ward mission leader was like I want to get you involved so he said I could offer shooting hoops with people. My comp sang and she did great so I decided to make a joke out of my zero musical talents and challenged him to a game. The congregation laughed so my confidence really sank. I realize this probably didn't make a whole lotta sense but you had to be there haha. Afterward Brother Dresser came up to me and was like I may be old but I can still play. We happen to have dinner there tonight so we'll see what happens haha!! They are awesome I really like them!! The ward really is pretty great...no homedale 1st ward but awesome nonetheless!!
Here are a couple of stories about Kendall over the last few weeks:
A couple weeks ago her comp drove them out of our area so Kendall was like STOP and she tried turning around but couldn't make it so Kendall had to back her companion out. Kendall brought her whiste/glowstick with her and was blowing it as she directed her companion. She drove off without Kendall so Kendall had to chase her down as she continued blowing. They were in a neighborhood so people were staring and confused. She got back in and her comp. was red faced. IT WAS HILARIOUS!! Kendall only wishes she had it on tape.
Also last week they got to volunteer at Eskaton...an assisted living place. Kendall just loves the elderly. She thinks she could spend a lot of time at a place like that. She didn't want to leave. There is a potential there so they are searching it out. They got to call bingo and then helped out as one of the elderly peeps was moving. It was pretty fun. The people were so grateful for them and kept asking when they would come back to call bingo again. They enjoyed their entertainment...they do bingo a little differently than the normal bingo calling workers. The old people want to have some fun to ya know. Kendall's new friend, Eliza, was a hoot, and was so cute. Seriously loving the old people. Kendall hopes they find time to go back there. It really made her day.
Oh and pray for Kendall that she will start liking seafood! She gets fed it a lot and she has never liked eating it!!

2 comments: